Monday, April 27, 2009

AND THE BATTLE RAGES ON.



If you've spent ANY time in the bay area, you will QUICKLY catch on to the overwhelming feeling of HATRED most have towards LA. I went to the Punchline comedy club last week with my boyfriend and a comedian who is originally from SF gave a little shpeal about this whole rivalry. He pointed out that while the majority of the bay area young people spend their time HATING LA, people in LA are generally too busy LIVING, WORKING, SUCCEEDING to have time to hate on the bay, or even realize that they're hated by the bay.

Sounds about right to me now that I think about it. Get over it.

So I've seen both sides of the spectrum at this point. And my final word: San Francisco's an amazing place. Beautiful. Full of life, full of art, full of culture, beautiful scenery, inspiring architecture, a great place to be a drunk, a great place to be sober, a great place to stay within it's confines and never leave or even possibly forget that there is life outside of the city limits. I would stay much longer if I could. I would stay forever if I could. A great place for fashion industry endeavors? Negative. Unfortunate, but true.

So the countdown begins,... I'm up and outta the city a week from today. I will miss a lot of people and a lot of things, but SF's not going anywhere. And I'll be back.

In the meantime, read my blog. It's not goin' anywhere.

PEACCCCCE. <3

1 comment:

  1. Having lived in LA and SF I can honestly say that LA was not for me as a person...it was great for my career, but I in the end I am more than my job. The people there on the whole are just so superficial and shallow. I couldn't deal with it. Anyway I wish you all the best....the bay area will miss you, pip and boots!

    ReplyDelete